Frequently Asked Questions
With Our Answers
Main Questions We Get Asked
- Do I need Insurance?
- How do you work out a price for my removal?
- What moving time slots are available for Melbourne removals?
- If the furniture arrives at the property and I’m not there?
- Am I allowed to pack my own boxes?
- Can the removalist move my plants?
- I need to move house but my new place is still not ready, can you help me?
- Can I ask for the removalist to pack my goods the way I prefer them to stack the truck?
- Am I allowed to provide food and drinks to the removalist?
- Is there anything I should do to pre-pare my goods for transit?
- How long does it take to move my goods interstate?
AFRA Accredited Removalist
Transcorp Removals & Storage prides itself on careful removals since 1987 and may be part of the reason why we have successfully won 2008,2009 and 2010 Removal & Storage company of the year. Regardless, no matter how careful our professional removalist might be, accidents do happen and you need to have peace of mind that your household / office goods are protected. Whether you are moving around the corner or across Australia, you can purchase affordable accidental damage and theft insurance. Benefits include full replacement value or restricted cover with extended cover available for storage and our rates are very competitive. Please refer to Transcorp Insurance for competitive rates.
Melbourne Fair Rates
We will typically work out prices for Melbourne Local moves on a hourly rate (2 hour minimum, then 15 minute blocks thereafter) charging only from the pick up point to the delivery point (no extra charges for a return time to the original house or to its’ depot). On all our local removals including office/ factory re-locations, a fixed price may be also determined and agreed to, but typically all removal companies allow for some extra anticipated delays when pricing the jobs this way.
Interstate Fair Rates
On Interstate removals Transcorp Removals & Storage will provide a fixed price based on the inventory supplied. This is measured as cubic metres so it is important to have your list as accurate as possible as we try and combine your furniture with other work going the same way in order to save you freight costs. The option of express and exclusive trucks are also available and can be discussed at the time of quoting.
There are three main moving time slots available for your Melbourne local removal. The morning time slot has a start time of between 7.30am and 8.00am. The midday time slot generally start between 11am and 2pm. The afternoon time slot generally start between 2.30pm and 5.30pm. You can book your move online provide us with a Quick Quote - We will contact you!
On The Day
It’s very important to have an authorized person at the delivery point to accept the goods, otherwise Transcorp Removals & Storage may have no option but to organize storage, handling and re-delivery at the customers expense. The correct payment method also needs to be completed as agreed to and any additional waiting for monies outstanding at the end of a removal will also be charge for at a hourly rate.
Transcorp Removals & Storage welcomes you to pack your own boxes but we strongly recommend you follow our procedures with-in our web-site. There are limitations if you pack your own boxes and decide to take our Insurance to protect your furniture effects with Transcorp. Please read the PDS, FSG & Policy wording for full details.
In the case of local removals there generally is no problem in moving plants. Plants required to be stored in storage facilities or where they need to travel interstate may cause some problems and not be recommended. Speak to us regarding this area.
Yes! We can help with storage requirements if your new place is not ready. As all situations are different, please speak to us directly so that we may accommodate to best suit your needs.
Professional Removal Teams
Transcorp Removals & Storage only employs staff trained for specific jobs. Therefore, unless you are a qualified removalist and packer it is very unlikely you will be able to stack the truck as professional as our removalist. We do, however understand the need to listen to request (s) of what needs to be delivered at the drop off point (s) first, so in these cases communicating with our removalist with assist in them allowing for your request (s).
Food On The Job
The Transcorp staff will generally provide there own food and drinks when working, but asking if they would like a drink of water may be greatly appreciated. No alcoholic drinks are allowed to be consumed whilst working or driving.
Where you have certain items such as a washing machine we recommend you follow the manufacturers instructions as they can be easily damaged. Fridge/ Freezers should be emptied and wiped clean throughout. Vanilla essence helps keep mildew away particularly if its going into storage. Glass/ timber shelves should be pulled off and kept together for safety and dis-assembling beds etc will help with minimizing the time the removalist's needs to be at your premises, saving you time and money. Please refer to our moving tips for more information.
ETA's - Estimate Time of Arrivals
Typical travel times are as follows (business days) - Please speak to us if you need storage.
- Melbourne to Sydney (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Melbourne to Canberra (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Melbourne to Brisbane (Either way) = 3 to 5 days
- Melbourne to Adelaide (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Melbourne to Perth (Either way)= 5 to 10 days
- Melbourne to Tasmania (Either way)= 7 to 14 days
- Melbourne to Far North Queensland (Either way) = 7 to 14 days
- Sydney to Melbourne (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Sydney to Canberra (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Sydney to Brisbane (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Sydney to Adelaide (Either way) = 3 to 5 days
- Sydney to Perth (Either way)= 10 to 21 days
- Sydney to Tasmania (Either way)= 7 to14 days
- Sydney to Far North Queensland (Either way) = 5 to 14 days
- Far North Queensland to Sydney (Either way) = 5 to 14 days
- Far North Queensland to Adelaide (Either way) = 14 to 21 days
- Far North Queensland to Perth (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Far North Queensland to Brisbane (Either way) = 3 to 7 days
- Perth to Sydney/Brisbane (Either way) = 10 to 21 days
- Perth to Melbourne/Adelaide (Either way) = 5 to 10 days
- Perth to Darwin/ Far Nth Queensland = 14 to 28 days
- Brisbane to Sydney (Either way) = 1 to 3 days
- Brisbane to Adelaide (Either way) = 3 to 5 days
- Brisbane to Melbourne (Either way) = 3 to 5 days
- Canberra to and from locations are based Sydney time frames.
- Tasmania to Sydney (Either way) = 14 to 21 days
- Tasmania to Brisbane (Either way) = 14 to 21 days
- Tasmania to Adelaide (Either way) = 14 to 21 days
- Tasmania to Far Nth Queensland or Perth (Either way) = 18 to 28 days
- Tasmania to Darwin (Either Way) = 21 to 28 days
- Darwin to Sydney (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Brisbane (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Melbourne (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Perth (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Canberra (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Adelaide (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Far Nth Queensland (Either way) = 14 to 28 days
- Darwin to Tasmania (Either way) = 21 to 28 days
Note: An exclusive truck may be requested for a particular removal where the time frame from pick-up to delivery is greatly reduced. This rate will be more expensive but you will have more definite times of pick up and arrival times.
The above times are based on back load rates which means your goods may be in transit with other removals in the same direction, for this reason our back loads rates are very competitive If these transit times suit your move then please find the time (5-8mins) to complete our comprehensive free quote form (click here for quoting form).
Please contact us for all other removal times.