Managing Director's Views
Moving in Melbourne or Interstate Tips
"Must Read" Information
Besides death and divorce, moving your precious belongings is rated as the third most stressful experience anyone fears. Therefore, selecting the correct method and furniture removal company is extremely critical. Never base your decision on price alone as it is very easy for any individual to apply and succeed in getting a truck license. This doesn’t automatically make them an experienced removalist.
Questions you should ask when moving interstate
Who do I call if I have any problems communicating with the removal driver?
What type of insurance does the removalist offer in case of damages and how do I claim if anything happens?
Do they use Containers on rail or does the same truck that picked up my goods deliver as well?
Can they supply a proper written quote including confirming your inventory (very important)?
Do they have testimonials that you can read from happy customers?
What happens if the removalist is running late to pick up or drop off my belongings?
Do they have a website that you may review?
Do they have the correct tools to disassemble and assemble beds, shelves etc?
Are there any potential charges? If so, what are they?
Managed storage facility or self storage facility?
Important facts to keep in mind
Self Storage Companies
Managed Storage facility
Self Storage facilities are best when?
- You require constant access to your belongings and do not want to be charged for access fees.
- You prefer to delivery your belongings yourself to the storage facility and don’t trust the efforts of a removal company.
- You find removal companies too expensive and prefer to do the hard work yourself.
- You wish to buy or use your own packing/ wrapping materials to put away to belongings and not have them dusty
- You are not concerned about dust, potential insects etc with an open environment facility. Some Self storage companies do protect their facility well from vermin.
- You are not concerned so much about potential 3rd parties tampering with your storage space whilst they are within the facility. Many reputable storage companies have monitored facilities but would require date/time for them to review any potential suspects.
Managed Storage facility is best when?
- You do not require regular access to your belongings.
- You prefer the same removal company that is picking up goods to safely stow them for you.
- You do not want to pay extra for materials to stow, such as blankets, plastic bags and boxes etc for protection against dust etc.
- You require short term storage when moving house and don’t want to commit to excessive minimum charges.
- You prefer your belongings to be stored in an enclosed timber container up and away from potential dust and vermin.
- You prefer to have a comprehensive inventory and/or condition report performed on your goods at uplift. Therefore, any access that you may require at their facility would require them to accurately adjust your inventory report. Not anyone can access your belongings and for this reason it is by appointment only.